When a couple divorce one of the biggest issues is how to divide their finances and property. Our experienced divorce solicitors will work on your behalf to achieve the best possible settlement available to you.
No case is the same and we at JKC pride ourselves in tailoring any financial settlement according to the individual circumstances. We will guide you throughout the whole financial proceedings.
The negotiation of a financial settlement will involve taking into account many factors, including:
- The current earnings of both parties
- The potential future earning capacity of both parties
- Length of the marriage
- Standard of living enjoyed during the marriage and income needs
- Contributions that both parties have made to the marriage, both financial and otherwise – including looking after the house or caring for children
- Assets of each party, including accrued pension values
The ideal solution is for an amicable financial agreement to be reached by negotiation between both parties. This will help to minimise legal fees and avoid the necessity of going to Court to reach a settlement. Before using the Courts, if an agreement cannot be made, you may have to attend a mediation information meeting. If however, the case proceeds to Court we will endeavour to settlement the matter swiftly and robustly.
For more information or to discuss your options please contact us on 01923 234 400